[KPhotoAlbum] thumbnail build doesn't notice disk full

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Wed Nov 7 21:43:47 GMT 2007

Mark Eichin wrote:
> kphotoalbum 3.0.2-1build1 (Ubuntu Gutsy), ran out of disk space while
> doing Maintenance->Build Thumbnails.  It didn't stop or complain at
> all - just dumped lines and lines of:

There's a variety of reasons why a write syscall could fail. We could
certainly display a user-friendly message in such a case, but is this
really worth the extra effort? If you run out of disk space, you'll get
bigger problems with your system than missing thumbnails. Free space
should be monitored by other means than by a warning from first
application that happens to exceed quota/fill up disk, IMHO.

Cheers,
-jkt

--
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth