[KPhotoAlbum] KPA 3.1.0 RC1 not importing data / crash on cancel

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Wed Nov 7 00:56:53 GMT 2007

Tero Tilus wrote:
>> so, no md5sum.
>
> Should there be?  I mean if photos get exported and pushed to new,
> probably differently organized, directory tree and/or you export
> taggings only and import them to different kpa db (which already has
> the photos)... > Would it be better safe than sorry and put md5 to .kim
> to better be able to map the taggings to correct photos?

There's no such thing as mapping these tags to already existing images
that have different name and are in another directory. I'm not really
convinced that this would be a killer feature worth implementing anyway :).

The only advantage I can see with storing checksums is the possibility
to report modified/damaged files. That'd require verifying that older
KPAs don't break with unknown attributes in the import file, though.

Cheers,
-jkt

--
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth