[KPhotoAlbum] Patch to speed up scanning for new images

Shawn Willden shawn-kimdaba at willden.org
Fri May 11 06:33:27 BST 2007

On Thursday 10 May 2007 10:33:31 pm Shawn Willden wrote:
> As long as the system-defined MAXNAMLEN really is the maximum filename
> length on the system, it's safe, no overflow is possible.

This appears to be a bad assumption, BTW.  I see in the reiserfs documentation
that it supports filenames of blocksize-64 -- and blocksize is 4KiB, by
default.  HFS Plus allows 256 UCS-16 characters, which is 512 bytes.

So there isn't a perfect solution, but allocating 4KiB, on the heap, should be
very, very safe at present.

	Shawn.