[KPhotoAlbum] Automatically sending Bugzilla mails to the list

Shawn Willden shawn-kimdaba at willden.org
Thu May 10 20:40:57 BST 2007

I mentioned it wouldn't be too hard to arrange for bug e-mails to be delivered
to the mailing list.  As an experiment, I went ahead and set it up.  I have
disabled it pending discussing about whether or not it's a good idea, but I
can turn it on at any time.

How it works:

I created an e-mail account "kpabugs at willden.org".  I then used that account
to create a KDE bugzilla account and a KPA mailing list subscription.  In the
KDE bugzilla account preferences, I set it to watch Jesper's messages.

Whenever e-mail arrives for kpabugs, a maildrop filter is executed.  If the
message is from the mailing list, the message is discarded (to prevent
looping).  If the message is from bugzilla (as identified by a X-Bugzilla-URL
header), then the message is modified and sent to the mailing list.  The
modifications are:

1.  The X-Bugzilla-URL header is removed as a further precaution against
looping.
2.  The From: header is rewritten to be kpabugs at willden.org, so the mailing
list will accept the message.
3.  The To: header is rewritten to be kphotoalbum at kdab.net, so the mailing
list will accept the message.

If the message is neither from the mailing list, nor from bugzilla, it's
forwarded to my personal account for me to deal with.

It seems safe enough, and functional.  If there's a consensus that having all
bug e-mails forwarded to the mailing list is a good idea, I'll turn it back
on, and perhaps Jesper will want to set kpabugs at willden.org as the default
recipient for KPA bugs, so he won't get duplicates.

	Shawn.