[KPhotoAlbum] Can't get exif info for CR2

Martin Jost lists at majo.name
Tue May 8 07:16:34 BST 2007

Lars Clausen schrieb:
> Since my new installation of Ubuntu Dapper Drake, I have not been able
> to get KPA to read any exif info from CR2 files -- this is particularly
> annoying for the lack of orientation info.  I have installed libexif-dev
> v. 0.6.12-2, libexiv2-dev 0.7-9.1ubuntu1, and libkexif1-dev
> 0.2.2-2ubuntu2.  I'm using version 3.0.2.   [...]
>
> I also don't seem to have *any* external editors.  That may very well be
> an Ubuntu setup issue.

Hello Lars,

I tried successfully to get KPA working with Knoppix.
I needed the following packages to get everthing to work *except* movies
(I don't care form them)
I mostly used source packages of the dependencies, except
libqt3-mt-sqlite_3.3.7-4_i386.deb where getting the deb-package was much
easier.

sqlite-2.8.16
libqt3-mt-sqlite_3.3.7-4_i386.deb
exiv2-0.12