[KPhotoAlbum] How to make share auto mount on system start

Baptiste MATHUS ml at batmat.net
Fri May 4 21:47:46 BST 2007

I guess there's in fact something like a try to mount your smb share before
logs about the order of those things.

The thing is this list is maybe not the best list to discuss this kind of
issue :). I guess having a look and posting into the ubuntu forums would
increase your chances to have the right answers and to meat people who
already solved the problem you're encountering: http://ubuntuforums.org/

Crawling the forum a bit, maybe using autofs would be a good idea: this
would automatically mount the windows share the first time you access it:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=1547296&postcount=6

Cheers,

2007/5/4, Neil Paisnel <neil at paisnel.co.uk>:

> I have now got a working share on the windows XP home machine, that I can
> access from the Kubuntu Feusty box from within KPA.
>
> I also have an entry in the fstab file
>
> //Su/Pictures /home/pics smbfs
> user,auto,rw,uid=1000,gid=1000,umask=000    0
> 0
>
> but on boot this entry does not work.  I have to use
> sudo mount -a
>
> and then the share works.
>

> I read an article somewhere that mentioned that in ubuntu versions 6.10and
> later that there was a problem in the order the startup scripts were run,
> and the system tried to mount files before the network was connected.
>
> It recommended using the mv command to move the network startup script in
> etc/rcS.d from s40networking to s29networking to start the network script
> before the mount fstab script.
>
> Well, I tried that and still no good.
>
> Any ideas on how I can get this mount to work on startup?

Baptiste <Batmat> MATHUS
BMathus at Batmat point net - http://batmat.net
---------
Si chacun de nous a une idée et que nous les partageons, nous
repartirons tous les deux avec deux idées... C'est ça le Libre.