[KPhotoAlbum] can not deal with images not on disk

Martin Jost lists at majo.name
Fri Jul 20 20:51:49 BST 2007

Jean-Michel FAYARD schrieb:
> I also don't think that it's right to do feature b) == "Block Images
> from Display in KPA" on an image by image basis. Instead, we could
> have a separate dialog like in Amarok with a hierarchy of your folders
> where you would say which directories you want to scan and which you
> want to block (typically ~/hidden/Playboy and ~/html ). (This new
> dialog would also give an ihm to the kimdaba -c
> another_directory/index.xml feature
I too would like this feature.
A typical use-case for me would be down-scaled copies of my images.
I usually down-scale images to get a collection of a CD. Unfortunately
KPA can only use output directories from the batch processes, below the
KPA base dir. (See my crash report 13/15.7.) So KPA imports the
downscaled images into the DB. Now I have those photos in the DB twice
with the same filename, but different pathnames and resolutions.
For that situation it would be nice to have a way to tell KPA "ignore
all images below directory x".

Martin