[KPhotoAlbum] can not deal with images not on disk

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Wed Jul 18 18:41:00 BST 2007

> a) Delete Physical File -- if it's deletable, throw away all respective
> records in the DB and all thumbnails, otherwise leave DB as is
>
> b) Block Images from Display in KPA -- regardless of what the status of
> the file is, just add that file to the list of ignored files
>
> c) Forget about them -- delete images and all associated thumbnails etc
> from the DB. This means that if files exist, they'll be discovered upon
> next tree rescan.

I prefer option B - but you need to be able to remove the files from
the ignored list, too.. For example I have my large DB file on the
laptop but only a part of the actual image files there. I'd be happy
if KPA showed me only the images I actually have with me, but if I'd
add more images there (that already are in the DB), it'd be possible
to tell KPA to re-check which images are not on the disk and start
showing the images I just brought in..