[KPhotoAlbum] Does KPA use SQLite?

Martin Jost lists at majo.name
Fri Jul 13 21:21:11 BST 2007

Piotrek schrieb:
> Hello! Does KPhotoalbum use SQLite? If yes, where I can find some
> info about it (db schema). If KPA doesn't use SQLite, are there some
> plans/dates to bring SQLite to KPA? I'm thinking about creating an
> external program allowing exporting photos and that would be fast to
> do with KPA's SQLite support.

Hello,

this is my answer to the list from some time ago. None of the
maintainers asked me to correct mistakes in this explanation, so I hope
it's mostly correct....

At the moment, KPA can only use the xml-format for (most of) the meta data.
(So you could use some xml parser (on index.xml) to get at the
information you want.)

The database support (mentioned in the configuration) is used in form of
sqlite to save (only) the exif
data. You need this, if you want to do queries against the exif meta
data of the photographs.

There have been plans to use a sql database for the data stored in xml
format, but at least until now, this isn't usable. (You may even find
part of it in the source code and/or configure-options)

HTH

Martin