[KPhotoAlbum] can not deal with images not on disk

Rui Malheiro rmalheiro at 6mil.pt
Sun Jul 1 23:16:55 BST 2007

[Sunday, 1 de July de 2007] Jan Kundrát:
> I see your point, but note that some people use KPA with storage that
> might go partially offline (external disk, network mount,...). If we
> allow deleting files in such a case, it might be confusing as images
> might suddenly appear again upon remount...
>
> Suggestions are welcome.

The optimal solution would be to build offline media knowledge into KPA. Now
KPA just monitors a single tree - if KPA knew about different devices and
those devices could be marked as "offline candidates" it would be trivial to
ignore it when scanning for deleted images.

It would be also be fantastic if KPA would ask for a volume to be mounted when
we try to display an image stored on media that's currentely offline.

--
Rui Malheiro
Lisboa, Portugal.