[KPhotoAlbum] Some comments on KPhotoAlbum 3.0

Siegmar Alber siegmaralber at dnet.it
Tue Jan 2 20:26:24 GMT 2007

Hi there!

First of all: I like KPhotoAlbum very very much! Many thanks for your great
work!

But one thing I found a bit confusing when updating from KPA 2.2 to 3.0 was
when my "old" properties and informations for the images weren't imported.
And the fatalest thing was when the index.xml file was silently overwritten.
There was no problem for me, because I made a backup before updating, but a
warning on the homepage or even in the application itself would be nice... Of
course the best thing would be, when KPA 3.0 would recognize a prior version
and import/update the index.xml.
Sorry, I can't provide a patch... I have to learn C++ some day ;-)

The new splash-screen is very nice. The possibility to catalogue videos also,
although there are some problems when playing them. But this is for sure a
problem of my configuration (selfcompiled Linux From Scratch).  ;-)

One other thing: In the dialog for changing many images simultaneously the
selected properties are a bit confusing: some are selected (don't know if
these are the settings of the first or last image). What happens if I change
a property? Do the properties merge with the properties that an image already
has? It isn't really clear what happens if I apply the properties... Would be
nice to have back the checkbox "Merge"... Don't know, if anyone is able to
understand this paragraph... Sorry for my English... ;-)

Apart from these few issues I'll love the new release... Keep on the excellent
work!

--
Happy new year...
Siegmar Alber