[KPhotoAlbum] Fwd: [Kde-extra-gear] Call for ideas: Google Summer of Code 2007

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Sun Feb 25 12:26:41 GMT 2007

Google summer of code 2007 is approaching (deadlines are in March for
submitting ideas etc).

If anyone has a good idea for a KPA SOC, speak up now.

Subject: [Kde-extra-gear] Call for ideas: Google Summer of Code 2007
Date: Sunday 25 February 2007 02:19
From: Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org>
To: kde-soc-mentor at kde.org, panel-devel at kde.org, kopete-devel at kde.org,
kde-pim at kde.org, kde-extra-gear at kde.org, kde-core-devel at kde.org,
kde-buildsystem at kde.org

Hello everyone

First of all, sorry for the major mailing list cross-posting. Do NOT use
Reply to All! This message is not intended to be replied to: it's just an
announcement.

Feel free to pass it around to other mailing lists that I'm not subscribed
to and that should know about this.

Last week, Google announced the 2007 edition of the Summer of Code
program. KDE participated in the first two editions as a major
contributor and we'd like to do it again.

While Google hasn't formally approved us yet -- they haven't even started
receiving organisation applications at the moment -- I'd like to get
started on the ideas. I've prepared the following page for it:

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/SummerOfCode/Ideas2007

Feel free to edit the page and add your ideas. But please LOG IN to the
wiki before doing so. Tracking anonymous edits isn't fun.

Also, please familiarise yourself with the project timeline:

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/SummerOfCode/Participation#Timeline

Next, we'll start gathering mentors, so I'd like each developer to
consider participating. If last year is any indication, you'll need a
Google account to log in. And the more mentors we have, the easier and
the fairer the voting will be. I'd like to achieve critical mass soon.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

thousands of images?