[KPhotoAlbum] wrong "annotate" dialog with Czech localization

Martin Hoeller martin at xss.co.at
Mon Feb 12 22:06:20 GMT 2007

Hi!

On 12 Feb 2007, Jan Kundrát wrote:

> I'm using KPhotoAlbum-3.0 from Gentoo Portage tree. My KDE is set to use
> Czech language (cs_CZ).
>
> When I invoke the "Annotate Individual Items" action, all I see is blank
> window (let's call it window A) with three buttons. If I click the
> "Options" button and select "Show <something>", that <something> opens
> in another window, let's call it window B. If I select another item, yet
> another window gets opened, let's call it C.
>
> I can move stuff between windows B and C, but I can't move it to the
> window A. That means that I have to perform at least three clicks on
> every Ctrl+1 which is quite slow :). I hope I don't have to make
> screenshots :)

This bug was already fixed about a year or so ago. Seems it somehow slept
back into the code. As far as I remember this had something to do with
i18n: special characters in categories, IIRC. Or wasn't it a bug in some
KDE library and Jesper provided a workaround...?

Did you try using a not localized version of KPA?

hth,
- martin
--
    mailto:martin.hoeller at xss.co.at  | Microsoft is not the answer.