[KPhotoAlbum] a working photo interface

Tero Tilus tero at tilus.net
Thu Feb 8 14:20:02 GMT 2007

2007-02-08 14:30, Heinz Kohl:
> O.k., the theoretic concept of KPA is working and o.k.  I was
> expecting, that the remaining main weaknesses of the concept would
> have been removed soon, and that the painstaking fine work belonging
> to the man machine interaction would have been started soon.  I'm
> seeing no trend in such a direction.

That's (as in every free software project) only because no one has yet
started working on that issue.  You seem to have expecience and also
(the most important thing) seem to know what you want.  Would you like
to contribute?  Or maybe fork an experimental devel branch of KPA to
show us what you mean.

> O.k., it's fair for him to order them, e.g. one of them as
> "hexapoda, insecta, pterygota, neoptera, odonata, zygoptera,
> coenagridae, pyrrhosoma, nymphula" - but "pyrrhosoma nymphula,
> imago, 30.6.2002, #23" should say enough and give a good ordering.

In KPA you would just tag it "Pyrrhosoma nymphula" (in "Scientific
classification"), #23 (in "Scan batch", if I got you correctly) and
set the date.  Then you'd see your large red damselfly when you select
all "Pterygota" (from the main window: Scientific classification ->
Animalia -> Arthropoda -> Insecta -> Pterygota -> view images, ... of
course assuming you use complete scientific classification).

But of course you are out of luck if you'd like to see all "Pterygota"
sorted in the order derived by depth-first traversal from scientific
classification of the images.  Adding possibility to sort images in
thumbnail viewer to order derived by (say) depth-first traversal from
selected tag hierarchy, should not really be a tough job.  I might
repeat myself, but would you like to contribute?

Now I think I begin to understand what you are looking for.  (your
rather verbose explanations and a bit hairy english have not really
helped, but let's not get stuck on that)

--
Tero Tilus ## 050 3635 235 ## http://www.tilus.net/koti/tero/