[KPhotoAlbum] Orientation of raw thumbnails

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Thu Feb 1 12:07:51 GMT 2007

   From: Michael J Gruber <michaeljgruber+gmane at fastmail.fm>
   Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 12:11:07 +0100

   I thought this was discussed before, but I didn't find it in the list
   archive:

   For my cr2 raw files (Canon EOS 350D), KPA (3.0) generates thumbnails
   always in landscape orientation. Yet, EXIF info in KPA shows the
   orientation information is there.

   It seems thumbnail generation is done by a version of parse.c from D.
   Coffin which hasn't been synced with DC's updates in a while. EXIF info
   is read using a different library.

   So, do others have the same problem with cr2 thumbails, or is this an
   issue with my setup?

I have no trouble with this (20D).

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton