[KPhotoAlbum] Orientation of raw thumbnails

Michael J Gruber michaeljgruber+gmane at fastmail.fm
Thu Feb 1 11:11:07 GMT 2007

I thought this was discussed before, but I didn't find it in the list
archive:

For my cr2 raw files (Canon EOS 350D), KPA (3.0) generates thumbnails
always in landscape orientation. Yet, EXIF info in KPA shows the
orientation information is there.

It seems thumbnail generation is done by a version of parse.c from D.
Coffin which hasn't been synced with DC's updates in a while. EXIF info
is read using a different library.

So, do others have the same problem with cr2 thumbails, or is this an
issue with my setup?

Michael