[KPhotoAlbum] KPA across network

Tuomas Suutari thsuut at utu.fi
Mon Apr 30 10:21:10 BST 2007

On Sunday 29 April 2007 23:04, Neil Paisnel wrote:
> I tried that and this is the result, but I don't know what it means,
> but the share will not mount to that directory
>
> neil at Feisty:~$ sudo mount -t smbfs //su/My\ Documents/My\
> Pictures /home/Photos

The samba share path is in format //machine/share_name so you should use
a share's name, not a folder name. You can see the share names with
following command:

smbclient -L machine_name

or if you need username to access that machine use

smbclient -U the_username -L machine_name

You may need to use that username with mount command too. I don't
remember if it's possible to use plain mount then or should one just
use smbmount in that case.

See "man smbmount" for more help.

Tuomas Suutari | +358 50 3806983 | thsuut at utu.fi