[KPhotoAlbum] Idea for quick search feature

Martin Hoeller martin at xss.co.at
Thu Apr 26 07:16:58 BST 2007

Am Mittwoch, 25. April 2007 16:39 schrieb Shawn Willden:
> On Wednesday 25 April 2007 02:12:35 am Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
> > I like the idea, but do have a few concerns/ideas/whatever.
> > - First, It might be usefull with some way to specify wheather
> > searching should be incremental, or when enter is pressed (in the case
> > for searching taking 20 sec :-)
>
> I've been struggling with that as well.  My current thought is that I'd
> like it always to be incremental, but to see if we can apply enough
> cleverness (uh oh!) to keep it responsive.

One approach other apps follow is to start searching after a given minimum
number of letter was entered. Not sure if this would make sence in KPA.

- martin
Martin Höller                   | martin.hoeller at xss.co.at
*x Software + Systeme           | http://www.xss.co.at/
Karmarschgasse 51/2/20          | Tel: +43-1-6060114-30
A-1100 Vienna, Austria          | Fax: +43-1-6060114-71