[KPhotoAlbum] Idea for quick search feature

Shawn Willden shawn-kimdaba at willden.org
Mon Apr 23 16:54:39 BST 2007

On Monday 23 April 2007 08:59, Tuomas Suutari wrote:
> For smaller databases speed shouldn't be a problem, but making it fast
> could be quite hard for larger databases:
>
> I tested few SQL querys to implement this kind of behaviour with my own
> DB (5544 files) and Risto's DB (43277 files).

Is everything that can be done with indexes being done?  I'm not sure what
MySQL offers in the way of indexing for full-text searching like this.  I
would think that for a KPA database it makes sense to index absolutely
everything because it's light on insertions and heavy on queries, and the
storage taken up by the extra indexes will be miniscule compared to the
storage consumed by the images themselves.

	Shawn.