[KPhotoAlbum] images size view fails: -1x-1 (0.0MP)

Henner Zeller h.zeller at acm.org
Wed Apr 18 16:09:54 BST 2007

Hi,

On 4/16/07, Shawn Willden <shawn-kimdaba at willden.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 12 April 2007 08:49, Henner Zeller wrote:
> > This has been addressed by one of my patches I did in late November
> > ( http://vicdor.org/kpatches/ , infobox-after-image-load)
> >
> > I think it never got integrated because an early version of the patch
> > had some problem, but I don't remember
>
> I downloaded your patch to look into it (and perhaps bring it back up for
> inclusion), and found that it does have a problem.  It doesn't work if you
> select multiple images and try to view them.  Specifically, it causes an
> unpleasant flickering as the info box is redrawn repeatedly on the first
> image being viewed (one redraw per selected image, I expect), and it also
> doesn't show resolutions on any image but the first.

ok, I probably didn't check it that thoroughly (I usuall only select
one picture).

> I'll try to take a look at it if I get some time later in the week, because I
> think the basic idea makes a lot of sense, and because the -1x-1 is going to
> annoy users and prompt questions.  However, it might be quicker if you looked
> into it, since you have already made the effort to understand how that code
> works.

If nobody looks into it earlier, I try to find some time this weekend.
Need to do some time re-allocating to work more on kpa.
I hope to allocate half a sunday for kpa for each of the next couple of weeks.

> We hope you'll reconsider contributing!

Definitly .. I still have a big todo list I wrote down for myself last
November; its a bit cryptic (even I have to think what I meant with
certain entries in this list), so I won't send it to the list
verbatimly right now.
However, I think it would make sense to have a global 'todo'-list
small and large to have at a central place; how is this done in
kphotoalbum ? Is there a wiki-page with todo-items or a
bug/feature-tracker somewhere ?

> > Anyway, the other patches might be worth looking at as well, dunno
> > which of them have
> > been integrated.
>
> I'm planning on taking a look at the others as well,

Seems that some of them are already integrated, the others had
problems I need to address first.

cheers,
  -henner

http://flickr.com/photos/hzeller/