[KPhotoAlbum] Proposal for shared ownership of KPA.

Baptiste MATHUS ml at batmat.net
Thu Apr 12 16:48:52 BST 2007

Hi,

The short answer is yes.

Even if, like most of the others, I always have difficulties to find spare
time, I think I will be at least able to find some to test and commit
interesting patches (often from others than me :p).

See inline for the rest.

2007/3/31, Jesper K. Pedersen <blackie at blackie.dk>:

> What I suggest is that those of you interested in leanting a hard on this,
> would get access to SVN, and you would then simply apply the patches, plus
> do
> whatever development you would like to. To avoid complete chaos, and avoid
> the code being cluttered up with features only a single person found
> usefull,
> I suggest that for a patch to be applied at least three persons vote for
> it.

Yep. This sounds completely sane and quite usual. As someone else said,
obviously this number could grow in relation to the actual committer count
that we'll be.

(Over time as I learn to know you, a single vote from core developers would
> be
> enough. Tuomas, you may consider yourself as the first person with such a
> veto vote :-)
>
> What do you all think? Anyone interested in a KDE SVN account?

So, yes :-).

PS: I CC'ed a bunch of people from the mailing list that I've seen make
> contributions in the past. I wanted to make sure they didn't miss out on
> this
> email. If you are one of them, then congrats, I remebered your name - that

And it's a big honour for me to be in the list :-).

PPS: I'm going to the KDE conference known by the name akademy, this year.
> If
> you are interested in getting started with KPA development, and would like
> get a good intro to it face to face, then showing up at akademy would be a
> great chance.

I'm going to marry this summer :). So I'm in the last run of the preparation
and I guess it will be quite difficult this year. Still, I'll see when and
where it will take place to see if it's not too far from here and maybe
possible to go (I live in the West-South France).

Baptiste <Batmat> MATHUS
BMathus at Batmat point net - http://batmat.net
---------
Si chacun de nous a une idée et que nous les partageons, nous
repartirons tous les deux avec deux idées... C'est ça le Libre.