[KPhotoAlbum] Cycles in member maps

Tuomas Suutari thsuut at utu.fi
Wed Apr 4 14:02:43 BST 2007

Hello everyone.

I've been thinking to deny cycles in KPhotoAlbum's member maps. (For
example tag A is member of B, B is member of C, and C is member A.)
(Actually I have a code for this already, but it's not committed yet.)

Few reasons to remove cycles:
(1) They make some code more complicated, especially in SQL backend.
(2) They could confuse users.
(3) They make no sense... Or do they?

Can you think any (even remotely) good reason to have cycles in member
maps or would anyone be happy if those weren't allowed?

And by the way, this would also deny A being a member of A, just like in
this post:
http://mail.kdab.net/mailman/pipermail/kphotoalbum/2006-November/002571.html

Tuomas Suutari | +358 50 3806983 | thsuut at utu.fi