[KPhotoAlbum] Link problem with DirtyIndicator.cpp

Ashley J Gittins agittins at purple.dropbear.id.au
Tue Sep 26 16:40:06 BST 2006

On Wednesday 27 September 2006 01:02, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
> There have been plenty of new files (and new classes) added that
> haven't caused this problem.  Why is this one any different?

As I said, it was just a pot-shot so I am guessing. But it could be that the
timestamp on the corrected file via svn was older than the last attempted
build, which might cause make or configure to not realise it needed to
regenerate something.

I have had odd build errors before that were only solved with a make
distclean, then configure/make cycle. The automake tools all depend pretty
heavily on timestamps to save doing unnecessary work, so if a file gets
injected with an older timestamp than the last build it can mess things up.

--
Regards,
	Ashley J Gittins
	jabber: agittins at purple.dropbear.id.au