[KPhotoAlbum] Re: Excluding folders

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Thu Sep 14 10:40:47 BST 2006

I'm willing to accept this feature into the next version of KPA, if someone is
willing to implement it. This involves a configuration dialog, where you can
configure regular expression to describing what to search for or something
similr. And I want polished code (so I dont have to spent days fixing it
afterwards), ie. not just a hack that will do it. The best way would be to
join #kphotoalbum on the IRC server irc.kde.org, and working with me on this.

Anyone up for the task?

PS: Yes I sounds harsh, but as Tuomas hopefully can tell you, it is only in
emails :-)

On Monday 11 September 2006 09:08, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
| Where did you post that patch?
|
| Cheers
| Jesper.
|
| On Saturday 09 September 2006 20:50, Christoph Moseler wrote:
| | Hi John,
| |
| | I had the same problem and I posted a fix for that about a week ago:
| |
| | void NewImageFinder::searchForNewFiles( const QDict<void>& loadedFiles,
| | QString directory )
| | {
| |   [snip]
| |          else if ( fi.isDir() )  {
| | +            QString dirName = file.mid( imageDir.length()+1 );
| | +            if ( ! DB::ImageDB::instance()->isBlocking( dirName ) )
| |                  searchForNewFiles( loadedFiles, file );
| |          }
| |      }
| | }
| |
| | After that you add an entry to the blocklist in your index.xml like that:
| |
| |   <blocklist>
| |    <block file="exclude" />
| |   </blocklist>
| |
| | KPA then will skip /whatever/your_kpa_root/exclude when searching for
| | new images. The disadvantage for now is, that you have to add the
| | entries with your favorite text editor by hand. Maybe Jesper can add a
| | dialog where directories to be exclude can be defined.
| |
| | Cheers,
| | Christoph
| |
| | John Pearson wrote:

| | > Thank you.  Yes.  I am using my existing structure while I am testing.
| | > The results have been very positive since I managed to limit the number
| | > of images with which I am dealing.
| | >
| | > The only downside to this approach which I can see is a set of 37K
| | > lines in the <blocklist>.
| | >
| | > A parallel folder structure for the exclusive use of kpa is succinct.
| | > It won't disturb backups, or conflict with other applications using the
| | > images. And Krename offers the functionality, unless I choose to script
| | > it.
| | >
| | > It has been quite a while since I have done anything but scripting in
| | > bash or perl.
| | >
| | > -jp
| |