[KPhotoAlbum] Select several, drag'n drop copies only one image

Baptiste MATHUS ml at batmat.net
Thu Sep 14 08:39:55 BST 2006

2006/9/14, Risto H. Kurppa <risto at kurppa.fi>:
> So as I see, there is no KPA - way to copy selected files from the
> archive to another folder.

Well, I know another way.

I did not even know it was possible to drag and drop selected images
to an external directory... :-).  Moreover, I'm using Gnome, so maybe
it's not possible to do it even if the feature was still OK :).

To extract selected images, I use the export feature of KPA : this
creates an zip archive, .kim. I choose the "keep real images" option
(that's not the exact name of the feature, I can't remember it). Then
I can extract the images from the "Images" directory in the archive.

I recon it's a bit over-complicated, but that does the thing :).

About this subject, maybe this should be considered :
* I'd need a feature (on right click menu, for example) to be able to
open the navigator (say nautilus for me, konqueror for some others...)
at the directory containing the photo. In fact, sometimes, I'd like to
do it and I did not find a way to do it not manually...
* Why not add an option in the export feature to export directly
images (not in .kim) in a specified directory ? I always need it, for
example when I want to send images to friends of them after a recent
photo serie...

Let me know what you think.

@++

--