[KPhotoAlbum] member groups

Shawn Willden shawn-kimdaba at willden.org
Mon Sep 4 06:14:39 BST 2006

On Friday 01 September 2006 19:59, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
> On Friday 01 September 2006 09:06, Shawn Willden wrote:
> | On Sunday 20 August 2006 17:58, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
> | > First, are anybody ever configuring their member groups from the
> | > settings dialog (in contrast to right clicking in the annotation
> | > dialog)? I really hate the member group config in the settings dialog,
> | > and want to delete it, if there are no big objections.
> |
> | I use it all the time.  I find the right-click menu to be less effective
> | for managing my hierarchy of locations.
>
> Could you try the new drag and drop reorder in the latest snapshot and let
> me know if that is a good enough replacement?
>
> Basically in the alpha view of the annotation dialog you may reorder using
> dnd.

It's not an issue of reordering, it's an issue of being able to see clearly
what the hierarchy is.  With the right-click menu I can see that Layton is in
Utah and USA, but it's not clear that Layton is in Utah and Utah is in USA.

A tree-like view would be even better than what we have now.

Note that I'm typing this without having tried the latest version, so please
disregard this if the new version does clearly show the hierarchical
relationships.  I'll look at the new version as soon as I get a moment.

Thanks,

	Shawn.