[KPhotoAlbum] Not using the saved search dialog layout...

Baptiste MATHUS ml at batmat.net
Sun Nov 12 19:44:56 GMT 2006

2006/11/12, Jesper K. Pedersen <blackie at blackie.dk>:
> This is for a snapshot or SVN version of KPA, right?
Yes, svn. I svn up once a day, recompile then install :-). A bit risky maybe.
> Are you using a translated version of KPA?
Yes, but partial one :-/. Only a few items are translated.
> Does it happen when you do these steps?
> - kphotoalbum -demo
> - C-f or pressing the search icon
> - redo layout
> - press config->save layout
> - ctrl-c the app and reopen the config dialog.
No, it works fine with the demo DB.

> If things work fine in the above setup, what action do you do?

I think you're right : the problem is due to my translated version.
The termf "keywords", which is "mots-clés" in french with an accent,
seems not to be found.

In the past few days, I think I found why KPA was not doing right IMO
: the encoding of the layout file is not present, and not understood
(note that it does not have a prolog at all). So, I guess it's not
finding the string "mots-clés" in the layout because the file was not
saved in the same encoding.

In fact, UTF-8, does not save the accent the same way latin1
(iso-8859-1 or 15 with euro in addition and some little other things),
so it could explain why KPA can't find "mots-clés" and lay it out at
the right place.

The thing is : I do not know what changed in the svn version of KPA,
but now, "mots-clés" is not even displayed in the main window, only
the icon (see screenshot) ?!? I don't have any idea what the reason
is. Let me know if you want me to test things...

--
Baptiste <Batmat> Mathus
BMathus at Batmat point net - http://batmat.net