[KPhotoAlbum] splashscreen

Christoph Moseler forums at moseler.net
Sat Nov 11 18:00:17 GMT 2006

By solving one problem we made the next one, I think. The mainwindow
doesn't get resized to the saved dimensions after starting kpa. If I
remove qApp->processEvents(); restoring of the mainwindow's size is
working fine, but the splash is not shown before loading the mainwindow. Hm.

config->readRectEntry( windowTypeToString( win ), &rect ); in
Settings::SettingsData::windowGeometry is returning nonsens
(uninitialized random values) for x,y, height and width, if the
outstanding events are processed, and the correct values, if the events
are suppressed at this time (by removing  qApp->processEvents() ).

Because the default for the initial windowsize is 800x600, kpa is always
shown in a very small window on my 1280x1024-screen :-(

I couldn't figure out, why that happens.

Christoph