[KPhotoAlbum] Net snapshot - man this is cool

Jeanuel jeanuel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 13:23:06 GMT 2006

2006/11/7, Jesper K. Pedersen <blackie at blackie.dk>:
> This weekend was a blast! I got really a lot of KPhotoAlbum work done. Two

Tank you so much for your work and for this new snapshoot.

As you may remember, I work on the French translation of KDA. In older
versions, you separate "categories" and "groups". For few snapshoots,
you change the word "groups" for "super category". This change made
the application more difficult to understand.

For example, when you set properties for an image, if you right click
on a keyword, you can
(the title, in the pop-up menu is "Sub categories" (->Groups")

    - create subcategory -> create sub group

    - take item out of category -> take item out of group
there is a problem here. It must be "take item out of super category"

    - super categories / example -> take item in group / example
there is also a problem. It must be "take item in super category"

    - take item out of category "example" -> take item out of group "example"

    - super categories / new category -> take item in group / create new group

Also, in the settings / configure KPA window, on the "subcategories"
(->groups) page you'll found :
    - the "category" selector,
    - the "groups" selection area  (ie Super catergories)
    - the "item of category" selection area
    3 buttons "Add group", "Rename Group" and "Delete Group"
    the notice "it is also possible to set up groups in the annotation
dialog..."

Really, "Super categories" don't sound clear to me : and "Group" is
shorter and more intuitive.

Did some one else have this feeling ?