[KPhotoAlbum] Can't install from source

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue May 30 09:56:29 BST 2006

On 5/30/06, Jesper K. Pedersen <blackie at blackie.dk> wrote:
> Just for the record, I'm afraid I have no clue about this.
> What I would try to do if I was you, was simply to pull the configure script
> apart, and see what it exactly tries to do when it comes to the conclusion
> below.
>
> Cheers
> Jesper.
>
> On Monday 29 May 2006 14:26, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> | Seeing how a Kubuntu binary is not coming anytime soon, I decided to
> | install from source. When I ./configue, I get this:
> | --snip--
> | checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
> | configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
> | See `config.log' for more details.
> |
> | Also, when I ./configure on exiv2, I get this:
> | checking for C++ compiler default output file name... configure:
> | error: C++ compiler cannot create executables
> | See `config.log' for more details.
> |
> | Should I post the output of the two config.log's in question? I'd
> | really like to get KPhotoAlbum installed. Thanks.
> |
> | Dotan Cohen
> | http://essentialinux.com
> | 986

Thanks Jesper. I have no idea how to do that.

I've waited a few months to get this installed, since Februrary or so.
I will have a look at F-spot or Digikam. I really, really like
KimDaBa, but if I cannot install it from source and there is no Debian
binary, then I have to get something else to view our pictures with.

In any case, good luck with the program.

Dotan Cohen
http://what-is-what.com
282