[KPhotoAlbum] Importing Canon raw files

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Tue May 9 20:15:04 BST 2006

Whatever the solution of this is, I'm waiting for it to be able to
manage my Nikon NEF:s..

I take either NEF or JPEG - but then I make a JPEG - copy of the NEF:s
for faster browsing - a digital negative, as someone said. I still
need to work on my workflow creating the JPEG:s (so far I haven't had
the time to fix it copy the EXIF.. ) but anyway - I'd be glad to see
KPA support raw files better than just showing the low-res-photo
that's embedded in the NEF..

I don't know what Jesper has planned but this could maybe be the next
new thing in KPA.. It seems to get a lot of attention (since shooting
RAW gets more and more popular due to cheap DSLR:s..) and is indeed an
important point for many when selecting an archive program..

Jesper, opinions?

rhk

|risto h. kurppa / risto at kurppa.fi

|kfor.kurppa.fi - rauhanturvaajana Kosovossa
|www.vastavalo.fi - Suomen laajin avoin kuvatoimisto

|Miksi käyttää keskinkertaista? Parasta on saatavilla vapaasti! ubuntu.sange.fi
|Kissoja ei kannata imuroida. Ei edes vaikka ne olisivat  tosi
likaisia. - Antti 8v