[KPhotoAlbum] Problems building KPhotoAlbum on OS X

Shawn Willden shawn-kimdaba at willden.org
Wed May 3 16:17:19 BST 2006

On Tuesday 02 May 2006 07:09, Shawn Willden wrote:
> I'm also going to post this to the Fink mailing list, but I thought it was
> worth posting here as well, to see if anyone here has any ideas.
>
> I'm trying to build KPhotoAlbum from SVN on OS X using the Xcode
> 2.2.1 toolchain and Fink 10.4-transitional.  For now I'm not bothering
> with the Kipi stuff; I'll go back and rebuild everything with that after I
> get KPhotoAlbum to run by itself.

Okay, with some help from the Fink mailing list, I've found a solution.  The
suggestion from the Fink list was to build with:

	make USE_EXCEPTIONS="-fexceptions -fno-coalesce"

That doesn't work because the actual build is done with unsermake, and it
doesn't like that command line.  Instead, I edited the Makefile and
added "-fno-coalesce" to the "USE_EXCEPTIONS" definition in there.

So here's the build process (without Kipi plugins, I'll get to that later):

	./configure --with-qt-dir=$QTDIR --with-extra-libs=/sw/lib --with-extra-includes=/sw/include
	<edit Makefile and modify USE_EXCEPTIONS line>
	make

There's still a problem on my system, though, which I'll describe in another
post.

	Shawn.