[KPhotoAlbum] Some boolean algebra

Michael J Gruber michaeljgruber+gmane+kimdaba at fastmail.fm
Fri Mar 31 20:04:55 BST 2006

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:40:29 +0200 (CEST), "Martin Hoeller"
<martin at xss.co.at> said:
> On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, Michael J Gruber wrote:
>
> > Question:
> > - How do I display/find all images with, say, tokens B and C set but not
> > token A?
>
> Select Tokens -> B -> Tokens -> C and then used the search dialog, select
> Token A and insert a '!' before it (or simply type '!A' in the token
> selection panel).

I'm sorry, but where is a token selection panel in the search dialogue?
I'm talking about
the 1-letter tokens you can assign when viewing images, not about tags
(such as keywords, people
etc.) nor labels (such as the file name).

> > In finding a workaround I came up with the following questions:
> > - How do I set a token on several images at once? Simply pressing a key
> > with multiple images selected doesn't set any tokens.
>
> I think this is not intended to work this way.

I guessed that. My question wass how to mass assign tokens since it
can't be done the obvious way.

> > The "Ctrl+2" dialogue can't set properties.
>
> Do you mean tokens instead of properties? This should be possible.

Tokens, right. But again: Tokens, not tags. The property dialogue
doesn't even display tokens. How would I change them
using it?

> > - How do I find all images with keyword ABC set and keyword DEF not set?
>
> Same as with tokens. Use the '!' in the search dialog for "negative
> searches".

Uh, now I'm learning something new. That's indeed usefull. Since my
snapshot version didn't find its handbook
I was a bit in the dark here (yes, KDEDIRS is set...).

> One day this should be made easier for users not familar with
> programming.

Thanks ;) I'm happy to work with ! & | as long as it is documented that
I can use the usual logical unary and binary operator in the search
dialogue.

Still: My main question about the tokens is open. They're not accessible
in the search and set property dialogues AFAICT.

Michael
--
  Michael J Gruber
  michaeljgruber at fastmail.fm