[KPhotoAlbum] New snapshot (maybe the last one)

Martin Hoeller martin at xss.co.at
Mon Mar 27 17:03:57 BST 2006

On 26 Mar 2006, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:

> OK, we are getting close to the final final final final build of KPhotoAlbum,
> so if you don't want to be stuck with you anti-favorite bug the next year,
> now would be a good time to download a snapshot and try it really really
> really good :-)
>
> Get it from
> http://www.kphotoalbum.org/download-snapshots.htm
>
> As always, unless I explicit have discarded a bug as something I wont fix at
> this stage, you should report back to me if you still see old bugs around.

Found a new one: opening the search dialog and pressing PageDown a few
times gives the following assertion:

ASSERT: "i <= nodes" in /usr/share/qt3/include/qvaluelist.h (373)

Sometimes KPhotoAlbum is looping somewhere and needs up to 100% CPU for a
while. A run with gdb showed the following:

[Switching to thread 1 (Thread 16384 (LWP 7765))]#0  0x0815a53a in QValueListPrivate<ImageInfo>::at (
    this=0x8396ef0, i=3221219937) at qvaluelist.h:376
376             p = p->next;
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0815a53a in QValueListPrivate<ImageInfo>::at (this=0x8396ef0, i=3221219937) at qvaluelist.h:376
#1  0x08159ba5 in QValueList<ImageInfo>::operator[] (this=0xbfffea24, i=3221219937) at qvaluelist.h:536
#2  0x08154f3a in AnnotationDialog::AnnotationDialog::load (this=0xbfffe9a0) at AnnotationDialog.cpp:341
#3  0x08154649 in AnnotationDialog::AnnotationDialog::slotNext (this=0xbfffe9a0)
    at AnnotationDialog.cpp:288
[...]

Don't know exactly where it comes from but not connecting the
PageUp/PageDown keys in the annotation dialog for searching would probably
help.

And a minor bug/feature I asked for some time ago but which didn't make it
to SVN: a tooltip for the new button removing the selection from the date
bar would be nice. If it's to late because of feature-freeze, remind it
for the next release please.

Let's go on and do some bug hunting for a stabel release ;-)

- martin

--
    mailto:martin.hoeller at xss.co.at  | Wussten Sie schon: Eine Ampel
http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9926483  | ist ein kleines grünes Licht,