[KPhotoAlbum] Please Read - Release procedure started (new snapshot)

Martin Hoeller martin at xss.co.at
Mon Mar 13 20:09:48 GMT 2006

Hi Jesper! Hi All!

On 12 Mär 2006, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:

> Please report any build problems you may have, and any bugs you may find.

Here we go:

*) When I start KPhotoAlbum as user without an image database, I get a
   message telling me "The index.xml read was from an older version of
   KPhotoAlbum", which is quite confusing for new users I'd say.

   I found out, that the file default-setup is still in version 1 format.
   This should probably be fixed!

*) The search dialog doesn't work for me when migrating from an version 1
   index.xml file. It first comes up with a window without any panes. If I
   select Options -> Show/Hide Windows -> [Whatever] a new window opens,
   but doesn't allow me to drag the pane into the main search window.
   When I start without an index.xml file everything works fine.

*) Also related to the search dialog is another bug: I doubt the sense of
   the "Image Preview" pane, as there will never be any image previewed as
   far as I can say. However, clicking the "x" button within the preview
   results an a KPhotoAlbum crash!

*) It is not possible to label an image with the time information
   "00:00:00" as this will be interpreted as non existent time information.
   However, it is a valid time and should IMHO be allowed!

Two more things to consider which are no actual bugs:

*) I like the new "x" button in the time bar, but a tooltip telling the
   user what it is for would be nice.

*) The new thumbnail browser is nice and much better than old one. However
   it seems it doesn't honor KDEs "single click" vs. "double click"
   settings. This isn't nice but the real problem is that if one selects
   "single click" in KDEs settings, he gets "single click"-feature in the
   browser window while selecting e.g. a person but gets "double
   click"-feature when selecting an image.

Besides this, i love the new version ;-)

hth,
- martin

--
    mailto:martin.hoeller at xss.co.at  | 2B OR (NOT 2B) That is the