[KPhotoAlbum] Re: Configuration dialog RFE/annoyance

Mark Eichin eichin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 05:43:30 GMT 2006

On 3/11/06, Jesper K. Pedersen <blackie at blackie.dk> wrote:
> Press the "configure button", choose "save layout", and finally press Ctrl+s
> to get it written into the XML file.

Ahh, got it this time - what I was missing is that "save layout" is
under the Options button at the bottom.  Somehow I kept ignoring that,
but that (plus file->save) worked fine, thanks.

> Interesting, is this done with KIPI, or how is this implemented?

I posted a thok.org url later, but to answer this specifically: python
code using cElementTree to directly manipulate the index.xml. Since
there weren't any kipi plugins in python yet, it was a lot easier to
do that than to figure out how to plug a python interpreter into the
kipi API (I'm sure it's doable, but I was primarily trying to get some
pictures uploaded, and it was easy to figure out the index.xml just by
looking at it :-)

--
_Mark_ <eichin at thok.org> <eichin at gmail.com>