[KPhotoAlbum] criteria selection & 'experimental stuff' & multiple keyword delete & path folders view

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Fri Mar 10 22:54:44 GMT 2006

Hi!

Finally I got myself to the point to update my old KimDaBa to the
latest SVN - KPhotoalbum..

A lot of changes (towards better!) have been made - for example I'm
happy to see the good old folder search pane back.

Some questions that came to my mind:

1) I can't select search criterias (for example places, people,
folders) with keyboard - only mouse clicks are noticed.. Scrolling
with up/down buttons on keyboard and selecting a place with space does
highlight the item - but doesn't bring the item name to the text box.
So it's also not used as a search criteria. Any hints'n tips - is this
UI library problem or  KPhotoalbum functionality..?

2)Some tips for 'Convert Backend.. (Experimental!)', 'Remove 2.1
thumbnails' and 'Build thumbnails' - menu items? OK I know this is a
SVN version and has some features only for development purposes, but
I'd be glad to see some descriptions what they do.. Just a line or
two.. Btw. help files don't install or my kde help's broken.. (though
that's ok as long as documentation is available in the net..)

3)How to remove a keyword from several images - but not all - without
removing also all other keywords?
Say I have 150 photos with keyword 'spoon' and I want to remove it
from the first 50 that I can select in the browser easily. If I go to
edit the data of the set of images, it doesn't show me the keywords
the images have - so I also cannot deselect any of them..

3b)In other way, as an idea for KPhotoAlbum version X: it would be
great if on editing the keywords etc. of a set of images, it would
show (with colors, pattern or so..?) if a keyword is used by all
images, by some images or by none image..
Like you know those checkboxes that are either checked (it all items
have it checked), gray (if some but not all have it checked) or white
(if no item has it checked) - the same idea..

4)Would it be difficult to make also the folders appear in the folder
- pane, that don't have images but have subfolders that have.. An
example, again:

root doesn't - have images
root/folderOne - doesn't have images
root/folderOne/subfolderOne - has images
root/folderOne/subfolderTwo - has images
root/folderTwo..
root/folderThree..
root/folderFour..

So that selecting root or folderOne would give me all the images that
are under that folder.. I have all photos taken by me in one root
folder & subfolders and the photos taken by other in other folder &
subfolders - so if I want to select all the images taken by others,
now I have to include in the search all subfolders individually, and
that's a bother, too (look at 1st question ;) Like having parent
folders as category groups or so..

Thank's Jesper - you're the man!

rhk

|risto h. kurppa / risto at kurppa.fi

|kfor.kurppa.fi - rauhanturvaajana Kosovossa
|www.vastavalo.fi - Suomen laajin avoin kuvatoimisto

|Miksi käyttää keskinkertaista? Parasta on saatavilla vapaasti! ubuntu.sange.fi
|Kissoja ei kannata imuroida. Ei edes vaikka ne olisivat  tosi
likaisia. - Antti 8v