[KPhotoAlbum] General interfacing (was Re: Configuration dialog RFE/annoyance)

Alastair M. Robinson blackfive at fakenhamweb.co.uk
Sun Mar 5 22:35:17 GMT 2006

Hi,

Robert L Krawitz wrote:

>    > One thing that would be handy (and probably very simple) would be to
>    > integrate it with PhotoPrint.  That's a Gutenprint client that one of
>    > our developers has put together (see
>    > http://www.blackfiveservices.co.uk/PhotoPrint/About.shtml).  Currently
>    > I have to export photographs to a directory and then run PhotoPrint;
>    > it would be very neat to have some kind of integration.

Drag'n'drop between Kimdaba and PhotoPrint works well here - is that not
a viable alternative to exporting the photos to a directory?

> Gutenprint itself is just a library of printer drivers, albeit with an
> API that permits building user interfaces around it.  PhotoPrint is
> based on GTK+, but it's possible to pass in a list of images via the
> command line.

Indeed.  PhotoPrint won't build or run without GTK+, but it will run in
batch mode without a display (and indeed I'm using it in combination
with GS in place of rastertogutenprint on one machine!)

Building QT equivalents of the GTK+ widgets I've put together wouldn't
be a great deal of work.

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson