[KPhotoAlbum] Error: EXIF database cannot be opened.

Rui Malheiro rmalheiro at 6mil.pt
Mon Jun 5 18:06:43 BST 2006

I finally managed to build and install kphotoalbum from SVN, but now I've hit
another roadblock. When I open kphotoalbum it pops-up the following error:

   EXIF database cannot be opened. Check that the image root
   directory is writable.

After clicking OK on the popup kphotoalbum exits. The image root directory is
indeed writable, so it must be something else. I also couldn't find any file
access errors with strace.

BTW, I compiled with "./configure --enable-sqldb", and have sqlite-3.2.8-14,
qt3-sqlite-3.3.6-1.5 and exiv2-0.10-3 installed.

--
Rui Malheiro
6 Mil - Tecnologias de Informção, Lda.