[KPhotoAlbum] Something's broken in display of raw images

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jun 1 17:09:02 BST 2006

   From: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk>
   Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 15:16:09 +0200

   I moved the thumbnail loader into a directory/namespace on its own,
   and might have broken this accidently.

   I'll check up on it this weekend. Thanks for notifying.

That's indeed what happened, as I described in my followup email.  The
problem is that these subdirectories are built as static archives, and
ld only pulls in the pieces required for linking.  Since nothing
directly references the RAWImageDecoder, it doesn't get linked in at
the final link step.  The only sign of a problem is that the
functionality isn't available at runtime.

(BTW, you might want to make it more clear if ImageLoader attempts to
load a file and fails.  Right now the only thing is that a blank
screen gets popped up and stays "busy".  You can quit out of it with
<escape>, but the cursor stays busy.  This might be the cause of some
of the other busy cursor bugs -- if you quit out of loading an image
before the load completes, the cursor stays busy.)

My general concern is that there might be other subclasses elsewhere
that don't show up cleanly.