[KPhotoAlbum] EXIF comment info

Michael Moore miiick at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jul 12 01:11:41 BST 2006

Guys,

I'm new to the list so if this is not appropriate let
me know gently.

I am doing a bit of work with the comment and category
data and extracting it from the index.xml file and
putting it back into the files.  I have noticed the
following:

-> KimDaBa gets its comment field from the Exif JPEG
comment field.

-> KPhotoAlbum gets its comment field from the Exif
Image Description field.

My question: Is it planned that KPhotoAlbum will
continue to get its comment from the Image Description
or will it be changed back to the JPEG comment?

Why I want to know:  I am writing a script that puts
the comment and all of the category information back
into the file.  This puts the information into the
file and allows for image portability between
programs.

Thanks,
Miiick.