[KPhotoAlbum] Problem with reading images

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sat Jul 8 02:45:49 BST 2006

   Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 21:20:49 -0400
   From: Robert L Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu>

   Some time between roughly June 1 and the most recent checking (June
   29), reading images broke such that the image size isn't being read
   correctly.  I'm trying to narrow it down.

That's not the actual problem: the problem is that the size isn't
known until KPhotoAlbum actually creates the thumbnail for the image.
In the process of testing another change (an option to not read RAW
images if a corresponding JPEG or TIFF file exists), I kept going back
and deleting images from my index.xml and then rescanning.  Since the
thumbnail already existed at that point, KPhotoAlbum wasn't getting
the size information.

This problem also exists for images for which the thumbnail hasn't
been created at all.  I verified that by saving my index.xml,
determining that the size was listed as -1x-1, and then going back and
creating the thumbnails, at which point the size was shown correctly.

This hasn't changed since June or anything like that; it looks like a
latent bug.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton