[KPhotoAlbum] Patch for various options

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jul 5 14:39:46 BST 2006

   Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 10:57:15 +0200
   From: Michael J Gruber <michaeljgruber at fastmail.fm>

   Robert L Krawitz venit, vidit, dixit 2006-07-05 02:51:
   > That previous patch wasn't quite right...here's the corrected patch.

   Robert, though I haven't tried out your patches yet: Thanks a
   bunch!  Those (faster display, 1:1 scaling) are exactly those
   features which I missed most and which made switch to other image
   viewers (and even consider digikam...) for browsing.

   As for the scaling: I found it also useful in some viewers to be
   able to scale an image to a size smaller than the screen size
   (i.e. display with black borders). This allows to judge the
   impression that an image would make in a certain print size. Some
   images are OK for specific print sizes (whther small or large) and
   some aren't.

Good point.

The other thing I think would be good with the zooming in and out
would be to zoom to fixed multipliers or alternatively sqrt(2) each
step.  The current zoom steps never result in integral multipliers.
But that's less important than being able to scale down.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton