[KPhotoAlbum] Reorganizing the FS structure of the pictures?

Eivind Kjørstad ekj at zet.no
Thu Jan 26 11:13:22 GMT 2006

On Thursday 26 January 2006 11:26, Erik Wasser wrote:

> - Can KimDaba/KPhotoAlbum help me to sort pictures of an unsorted and
> flat directory (1500 pictures in one directory)?

There is a way to do it, but it's a little bit unelegant.

The way to do it is to use the export-function. You can for example select
all pictures taken in "London" in "2004" and then export those to the
folder "London_2004" or whatever. After you've exported all your images,
you can use the exported folders as your image-repository.

Kimdaba is really meant to organize your pictures well enough that there's
no need to care about in which folder the pictures happen to be stored
though, personally I've stopped making my own sub-folders, except for a
new folder for each month, simply to avoid having 10000 pictures in a
single folder (which works poorly on some filesystems)

	Eivind Kjørstad