[KPhotoAlbum] New snapshot - and freeze anouncement

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Thu Jan 19 23:54:42 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 18 January 2006 14:11, Lars Clausen wrote:
| On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 19:21 -0500, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
| > The first snapshot of KPhotoAlbum is available.
| >
| > I've decided to start freezing KPhotoAlbum up for the next release.
| > Thus I'd appreciate if as many as you as possible starts using the
| > snapshots so we can get as bug free a release out there as possible.
could you try running it with strace and sending me the output.
strace -o trace kphotoalbum

| Tried out the most recent snapshot (2006-01-15-noi18n), and it hangs
| during startup when using my full set of images (9000) while loading the
| database (not using any CPU).  Based on other mails, I tried upping the
| cache size to 125MB, no difference.
|
| When trying with the demo, the thumbnail viewer was a) nice in that you
| can now select an image without it jumping up at you (thank you!), b)
| unnice (as others have mentioned) in not having the file names there,
| and c) broken when you resize the window, empty lines don't get erased.
Text should be in now, not sure if there is a snapshot with it though.

Cheers
Kesper.
--
Jesper K. Pedersen          |  Klarälvdalens Datakonsult
Senior Software Engineer    |  www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se