[KPhotoAlbum] Broken filename (encoding problem) => cannot open the database anymore

Jean-Michel FAYARD jmfayard at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 13:42:58 GMT 2006

Hello,

I updatedmy distribution, and have now encoding problem
in my filesystem (iso8859-1 with french non-ascii characters vs UTF-8).
I cannot open KimDaBa I mean KPhotoAlbum anymore after it has scanned
those filenames, since the file is perhaps not well-formed XML
anymore.

1) Does anyone knows an utility to repair the broken filenames
2) KPhotoAlbum should try to avoid to broke the whole database
  when it scancs such a file