[KPhotoAlbum] Re: [KimDaBa] new snapshot

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jan 16 01:29:30 GMT 2006

   From: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk>
   Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 20:04:10 -0500
   Cc: kphotoalbum at kdab.net

   On Saturday 14 January 2006 14:48, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
   | Much better this way :-)  Couple of comments:
   |
   | 1) The thumbnail view seems to refresh very frequently: if I select a
   |    single image, this seems to cause the entire visible view to
   |    refresh, which takes a second or two.  Scrolling is similarly
   |    poorly responsive.

   The refresh when selecting an item is indeed a bug (fixing right
   now).  Still, how do you get such bad repaint time, a repaint here
   doesn't take more than at most 1/3 sec if that much at all.  I
   guess scrolling time is relating to the slow repaint.

Probably depends upon CPU speed, video card speed, and screen
resolution.  I run my screen at 1600x1200 with a fairly slow graphics
card (some old nVidia with the open source driver), so a lot of
thumbnails need to be repainted.

   | 2) I'm still having problems with at least some images not having the
   |    rotation read correctly (like the one I emailed you a few weeks ago).

   I can't find that email, could you please resent.

Basically, what's going on is that FileInfo::angle() isn't translating
the EXIF orientation string returned by exiv into an integer between 0
and 7.  I'll send you (under separate cover) a sample image that
wouldn't rotate, but it looks like the EXIF orientation simply isn't
working.  I can't really use it without that; it's not practical to
have to fix by hand all the rotated ones from several hundred shots
when I import them.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton