[KimDaBa] Poll: are you ever reordering your images [Please answer]

Rafael Beccar rafabeccar at speedy.com.ar
Tue Jan 3 20:12:55 GMT 2006

El Lun 02 Ene 2006 13:34, Jesper K. Pedersen escribió:
(...)
> Please answer these two simple questions:
> 1) Have you ever reordered your images in the thumbnail view?

Yes , but not very often.

> 2) If yes, is this something you still do?

Mmm... I have a lot of scanned images and the process of reordening them is
somewhat tedious and time consuming. So, I just left most of them unordered
(and I think I will keep them that way).

However, I admit my database would look better if some pictures where ordered
in other way than date/time.

Mmm.. See if you like this idea for an alternative to drag and droping
ordening (I'm not sure if this would be better than drag and droping but I
just want to share the idea):

- Sorting images by Token:

1) Group the pictures you want to order with a given category (e.g. keyword).
2) Mark the pictures in the group with sucesive tokens (a, b, c, d, ...)
3) Call the command "order pictures by token" (the one to implement   :-)

This feature modifies the order of entries in index.xml and now those images
are consecutive and ordered in the desired way.

Greetings,
Rafael