[KPhotoAlbum] Faking kim files to import photos

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 17:32:41 GMT 2006

On 2/20/06, Jesper K. Pedersen <blackie at blackie.dk> wrote:
> How about adding a ThumbNails directory to the .kim file? I'm sorry I'm way
> overworked currently, so I dont have time for better help.
>
> Cheers
> Jesper.
>
> On Sunday 19 February 2006 11:23, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> | I need to import 5 gigs of pictures that I have taken over the years
> | to KimDaBa / KPhotoAlbum. The photos have the people/place/keywords
> | info in IPTC tags and I can access the IPTC info via php. I want to
> | create .kim files to import the data automatically. I have no problem
> | creating the index.xml files and then zipping them. However, when I
> | try to import them to KimDaBa I get this error:
> | Export file did not contain a Thumbnails subdirectory, this indicates
> | that the file is broken.
> |
> | The index.xml file looks like this:
> | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> | <KimDaBa-export location="external" >
> |  <image md5sum="8d5345a91111ef5cefb577debe4adcc4" file="dotan.jpg">
> |  <options>
> |   <option name="Keywords" >
> |    <value value="beer" />
> |   </option>
> |   <option name="Locations" >
> |    <value value="Haifa" />
> |    <value value="Hatzafon" />
> |   </option>
> |   <option name="Persons" >
> |    <value value="Ety" />
> |    <value value="Dotan" />
> |   </option>
> |  </options>
> |  </image>
> | </KimDaBa-export>
> |
> | What must I add to the file / to the zip to have KimDaBa recognize it?
> | Is there a better way to go about this? Thank you.
> |
> | Dotan Cohen
> | http://dotancohen.com

Should I just put an empty directory called ThumbNails in there?

Is there not a better way to 'add' pictures that I already have the
information for them handy? I tried editing the index.xml file that
was in ~images but it didn't add the info to the pictures.

I know that you're busy, Jesper. And I appreciate the dedication that
you have made to us all with KPhotoAlbum. As soon as I get it all
straightened out I'm going to earn my keep- I plan on doing a Hebrew
translation of KPhotoAlbum.

Dotan Cohen