[KPhotoAlbum] Groups search performance pondering..

Risto H. Kurppa risto.kurppa at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 21:06:04 GMT 2006

It's great that Robert & Jesper are able to find solutions for more
performance, good work guys!

One thing I started pondering today about locations (applies as well
to persons & keywords) , their groups & search:

Which is faster to search:
-search a set of images that all have 'full tags' (for example
locations: europe, finland, helsinki ......)
-search a set of images that has location 'Helsinki' that belongs to
group 'finland' that belongs to group 'europe' that...

How do the groups work - how is the information saved (I suppose it's
not saved to every image but a separate 'groups' part where
KPhotoalbum checks if it needs to search also for some other keywords,
(for example Finland), if you filter for all 'Europe' - photos..?

I'd guess there it's also possible to do some performance adjustment..?

Thanks!

(And Jesper: I was asking about the lost 'folders' - search pane..
It's gone, I can't filter for images that are in 'this, this or this'
folder and some other users reported the same as well.. What's
happened?)